The Self-Destruct Button

Grey's Anatomy Quotes

Okay, anyone who says you can sleep when you die..
tell them to come talk to me after a few months as an intern..
Of course, it's not just the job that keeps us up all night...
I mean, if life's so hard already..
why do we bring more trouble down on ourselves?..
What's up with the need to hit the self-destruct button?..

- Yikes, wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley.
- Right back at you.

- Oh, what is that - professional weakness, Dr. Yang?
- It's called the flu.

- Late night, Grey?
- No, caffeine just hasn't kicked in yet.
- If you were at all religious, you would want to start praying it kicks in soon.

- What's the problem?
- My damn boyfriend swallowed my keys.
- I didn't want her to leave.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

- Got the flu?
- Yeah, and thanks for it. It's making my life so much easier.
- I didn't give it to you. It's all over the hospital.

- No, the guy likes pain. It's his ethos.
- Pain as an ethos?
- Wait, I think I know this guy.
- You remember this guy?
- Hey, the tattooed masochist. Had himself shot again.
- Glad to see he's still stupid.
- It's his ethos.

He called my therapist, pretending to be his therapist, to find out what I'd said about him.

- There's blood in your collapsed lung. The price of body art went up since your last gunshot.
- Ah, no pain, no gain, right?
- That's one way to look at it.

Ah, coffee - where would medicine be without it, huh?

- What does karma have to do with anything?
- I'm just saying, you've been given all the best surgeries. And now you smell like putrid goo and you're giving off a stench.
- Karma's a bitch.

You don't know this yet, but life isn't supposed to be like this. It's not supposed to be this hard.

Wow, you're all, uh, mushy and...warm and...full of secret feelings.

Maybe we like the pain..
Maybe we're wired that way...
because without it..
I don't know...
maybe we just wouldn't feel real...
What's that saying?..
"Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer?"
"Because it feels so good when I stop."

No comments: