The First Cut is the Deepest

Grey's Anatomy Quotes

It's all about lines...
The finish line at the end of residency...
Waiting in line for a chance at the operating table..
And then there's the most important line..
the line separating you from the people you work with..
It doesn't help to get too familiar..
To make friends..
You need boundaries between you and the rest of the world..
Other people are far too messy..
It's all about lines..
Drawing lines in the sand..
and praying like hell no one crosses them.

That's not your job...
Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy..
Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whiny..
You know what will make me look happy?..
Having a code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered..
having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the pit, doing the sutures...
No one holds a scalpel till I'm so happy, I'm mary freakin' poppins...

I'm from New York...
I'm genetically engineered to dislike everywhere except Manhattan...

- Look, I'm drawing a line...The line is drawn...There's a big line...
- So, this line, is it imaginary or do I need to get you a marker?...

I shock a heart, and someone lives to see another day...

- All medical matter in a rape must stay with the person who collected it until it's placed into police custody.
- You collected the specimen, so you have custody.
- Custody of a penis.
- Yes, until the cops come for it.
- Okay. Well, what am I supposed to do with the penis?

- Meredith's carrying a penis around in a jar.
- Oh, from the rape surgery?
- Yeah, and it's not a jar. It's a cooler.
- Talk about taking a bite out of crime.

- I wouldn't have called you, but I can't get ahold of the translator. Can you just ask her what's wrong?
- No.
- Why not?
- Because I grew up in Beverly Hills. The only chinese I know is from a Mr. Chow's menu. Besides, I'm korean.

Don't people get sick anymore? I mean, how are we supposed to get any O.R. time if everyone's gonna just live?

Sooner or later, the guy that did this is gonna seek medical attention. When he does, that penis you're carrying around is gonna nail him.

Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?
I mean, are we supposed to be learning something?
Because I don't feel like I'm learning anything.
Except how not to sleep.
It's like there's this wall. The attendings and the residents are over there,
being surgeons, and we're over here, being...
Suturing, code-running, lab-delivering penis minders.
I hate being an intern.

- Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
- You're not the enemy. You're just the competition.

I have good news and bad news...
The good news is Dr. Bailey stopped the bleeding...
The bad news is we've given your penis to the cops.

At some point, you have to make a decision...
Boundaries don't keep other people out..
They fence you in..
Life is messy...
That's how we're made.

So you can waste your life drawing lines...
or you can live your life crossing them..
But there are some lines...
way too dangerous to cross.
If you're willing to take the chance...
the view from the other side...
is spectacular...

No comments: